Monday, May 19, 2008

Heat waves are tiresome and Online dating.

Got to love the single parent life.
There are the goods with the bads I must say. Most of all it more has to do with the fact that it's really hard to meet people that understand that you have separate lifestyles.. 1st and foremost Mommy.. 2ndly the person you are outside of that spectrum (which you are always mommy ).

I'll admit I am very selfish with my time, to the point of almost reclusive. I have a full schedule of mommyness, work, art, friends.. so the relationships tend take the last spot. Maybe in the case of "love" I would change this mix up. Not to say I'm not open to the possibility just that it would really take a understanding and assertive person to get that. I just hate the hurt feelings associated with these moments when dudes realize that I'm not "one of those" girls that -need- them. I like them.. maybe even care for them.. but not a needy person in any way shape form or fashion.
So thus the online dating has started, my friend Rachael signed me up for a site and I went on my first date last Friday.
The guy was nice.. odd but nice. He had good manners, but truth be told we had not a single thing in common.. he was rather inexperienced with women so claimed. I had little red flags shooting up but I was being optimistic nonetheless we were not compatible. Just as well I'm really looking for someone more self sufficient. And so it goes, there have been a few perspective people that I have talked to via email that seem descent thus far.. but those face to face moments are always truth telling.


Heat waves are the suck.
Photobucket

No comments: