Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sprouting begins.

I have -never- considered myself to be one those gifted with a green thumb, as a matter of fact I always thought I was the anti- green thumb in the sense that .. the only plants I have ever kept alive where purely accidental.. I once had a rosary vine when I lived in Memphis and it died away.. but I watered it faithfully and low and behold it came back!
But my friend Rachael had faith in me. Friday after we did our usual errand running she told me we were going on a "surprise trip". Pulling into the Portland Nursery I was growing concerned, she insisted that the state of my outdoor apartment was how to put? Dire need of some landscaping (more to say that the front of my apartment looked like crap.).. since I live on a ground floor apartment north facing I thought the only thing that could survive there was moss. But we headed straight for the shade plants and she treated me to a beautiful array of Hostas and Siddium as well as a Fuscha.

Ah now the front is starting to look descent and .. almost inviting?


fuscha
I love these plants they remind me of lanterns.


hostasiddium

My shade growers have survived the replanting...

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Green thumb is on the way!